Translate

Value Values

What do we value in life? Where do we tend to invest our time and our energy? Is it by default - whatever we fall back on? Or is it by deliberate choice?

I recently heard a man say that he wrote down everything he could imagine of what was important to him. He came up with a list of about 100 items. Then he circled the 60 that he valued more than the others. From there he crossed out those of lesser importance so he had a list of 30. He continued from there until he finally decided on the three very most important values in his life. That's where he was going to invest his talents, skills, and resources. He would value his values.

I came up with a list of 4. I've written them down and I've been looking at them each morning. It helps me focus on what I truly value. I want to make decisions and direct my activities in ways that invest in what is most important to me. This will often call me to "sacrifice the less for the more." "The more" is what I truly treasure.

For where your treasure is, your heart will be there also. Matthew 6:21.


Close-up of the center of a flower with a bee in the middle of it

2 comments: