Translate

Pray it Forward

I received a message from a friend who was really worried. Her husband had been treated for cancer and now they were waiting for biopsy results to see whether cancer had returned.

That message tugged on my heart. I knew I had to pray. I would pray that the biopsy be benign and that any cancer "be gone!"

I do feel drawn to reach out to people diagnosed with cancer. I've had the experience of being diagnosed with two different kinds of cancer, going through surgical procedures, chemo, radiation, and followed by two years of immunotherapy. More significant than all of that, I truly experienced support of so many people, many I didn't even know. I made strong connections and friendships. Most powerful was prayer support. Today I am no longer being treated; the doctor says, "Clear evidence of remission." I am so very grateful.

That may be why I feel so strongly to reach out to share what I received. I let my friend know that I was praying, and I contacted another who put the word out to several prayer groups to pray for "Jim." And so I was thrilled to hear that the awaited biopsy results were negative. Good news!

I like to think that whenever we are blessed in an area of life, that blessing can be extended to others in similar circumstances. For me, I was blessed with prayer support. Now I have opportunities to "pray it forward."

Praise be to God "who encourages us in all our troubles so that we can encourage those in any trouble with the encouragement we ourselves have received from God." cf. 2 Corinthians 1: 3-4.

seven bleeding heart flowers on a stem. Pray it forward.

Pray it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment