Translate

Keep On Going!

Yesterday I walked out of the doctor's office feeling like a new person. I had been nervous about this appointment. After the exam, the doctor said, "Everything looks great."

Whew! Relief. Joy. And much gratitude! 

Good news makes me feel energized. I wanted to celebrate. When I returned home, I decided to go for a run.

It was about 46 degrees, cloudy and very windy. "I'll just do one mile," I said to my husband as I was headed out the door.

(If you read the previous post Cool Running, you know I'm not as fit as I'd like to be.)

It was not an easy run. Before completing that one mile, I wanted to stop and walk and catch my breath, but the desire to reach my goal was stronger than that desire to quit. I was determined, one step at a time.


For me to run is a celebration. I do it simply because I can, and out of gratitude for good health. And I will persevere for as long as I am able.

"Alive and Breathing" is a song I love. It's another Matt Maher song, but his lyrics really speak to me and I am pleased to share it. Happy to be alive and breathing!


Jesus is the Way and He is the Destination. To follow Him is challenging - not always easy - but the joy of journeying with Him, wherever He takes us, is truly awesome, beyond description.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Shirley! You are a role model for us all! I'm not a runner, but I look at my Jazzercise the same way. It's on hold for 5 more weeks because of my surgery but am looking forward to the day I can resume.
    Have many goals for myself, but when I come to my last day, I want to be able to say with Saint Paul in 2 Timothy 4:7, "I have competed well; I have finished the race; I have kept the faith." I also want to hear, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." Matthew 25:21.

    ReplyDelete