Translate

S-T-R-E-T-C-H

On this the second day of Lent, I asked the Lord, "What are the 'nets' that I should leave behind?" (If you missed it, please see the post from May 2, 2022: Resolutions: Now is the Time .)

The words that came to me were: "Be flexible." So I admit that I can be stubborn at times, wanting my will to prevail. Stubbornness is something I need to leave behind.

One of the prayers of the church today is, "Prompt our actions with your inspiration, we pray O Lord, and further them with your constant help that all we do may always begin from you..."

My resolution today is to be flexible and to respond promptly to the needs I discern, to be open to the fresh and ever new blessings of the Lord and to the unexpected ways he may want me to show his love.

Just as I exercise by stretching to maintain and increase flexibility, I need to stretch spiritually, and by Holy Spirit's inspiration, to reach out to meet needs, even those that seem beyond me. Come, Holy Spirit, come.


Free image from Unsplash, courtesy of Rowan Chestnut

1 comment:

  1. God gives us many opportunities to stretch, doesn't He? Each time He asks me to do something out of my comfort zone, I feel that I am being stretched and as a result becoming more flexible. When I stretch my body after doing Jazzercise, I find that slowly releasing a deep breath helps me stretch further. The same is true when God asks me to go a little further or deeper into His Love. The release of the deep breath is my prayer of faith, trust, and acceptance of His will.

    ReplyDelete