Translate

Jesus, Take the Wheel

I'm reading Mary and the Interior Life by Fr. Shryock, CFR. In the first chapter he describes surrender and control with the example of driving in the car with Jesus.

When I have the wheel and Jesus is in the passenger seat, I listen to him give me directions to our destination. If he says, "Turn right," then I turn right. When he says, "Slow down," that's what I do. I am very attentive to him as we drive along.

Then he says, "How about if I take the wheel?" And I give him the keys and I sit in the passenger seat. But I soon learn that Jesus does not drive like I would drive. Sometimes he seems to go too fast for conditions. Or he takes a rough back road full of potholes. And sometimes he even seems to be asleep behind the wheel! I become anxious and maybe not trust the way he is driving, and I want to take back contol.

The author is writing about Mary's total surrender. I can't wait to read more. There are 14 chapters about the 14 Biblical moments in Mary's life.This book is based on a retreat he gave, 14 talks about Mary.


Mary our Mother, Help us say "Yes!" to God when He
invites us to trust him. Jesus is our Way,
our Father's house is our destination.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment