Translate

Lenten Transformation

After watching a recent Poco a Poco podcast, I am reflecting on the Good Samaritan parable (Luke 10: 30 - 35), especially with a desire for a personal transformation during this Lenten season.

I am thinking of myself as the one on the wayside, parts of me broken, wounded, in need of healing. When I am aware of hurting, it's an experience of poverty. I cannot heal myself.

Jesus is the Good Samaritan. He will find me in my deepest need. He is seeing me with all my woundedness, weakness, and pain. He is not passing me by. He will find me even in the darkness.

He sees me. He stops to be with me. He anoints my wounds. He bandages me with love. He takes me to "the inn," to our Father's house. He asks me to rest here, to rest in his Father's arms while the healing, while the process of transformation takes place. All he asks that I trust him.

Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash

"My Jesus, I trust in you."

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Shirley! So often we feel this way, especially when our lives take an unexpected turn, and we face challenges of one flavor or another. How good it is to rest in the Arms of our God.

    ReplyDelete