Translate

Footprints in the Snow

I like to look out the window in the morning, like I did this sunny morning, and see the footprints in the snow, footprints made by animals and birds that have come into our yard. I don't always see the bunnies and the squirrels or other animals (like the deer), but I know they've been here. I see the impressions they have made.


I began to wonder, what are the impressions I leave behind me? Is it disorder or a mess? Any attempts to deceive? The echo of impatient harsh words?... Or do I leave behind me the results of loving service? The healing effect of kind and attentive words? The beauty of having created something new?

We leave impressions wherever we go. Some may be hardly visible and others very deep. People may even bear the scars of our hurtful actions long after we are gone. Or hopefully we leave behind us the impressions of love, beauty, truth, kindness.

Wherever I go, may I follow in the footsteps of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment