Translate

Opening the Door

About a week ago when I was praying, an image came to mind of a heavy wooden closed door. I wondered what that could mean.

Today I read, "Faith is important to God because it is our surrender and this opens the door for Him to work." Dr. Mary Healy.

Wow. I began to think about surrendering and about opening closed doors. 

 Free image by Karson on Unsplash

To surrender means to give up completely to another. A faith surrender is giving up to God. Wherever I may find myself, in whatever circumstances, His love has me surrounded.

What is it I am trying to battle on my own? Is it a relationship that is not working? Is it illness? An addiction? Guilt? Procrastination? Loneliness? Is it __________? What are the real struggles in my life? Have I been shutting God out of my difficulties? 

"I am the Lord, your God, who grasp your right hand. It is I who say to you, 'Fear not, I will help you." Isaiah 41:13.

"When you call me, when you pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, your will find me with you, says the Lord, and I will change your lot..." Jeremiah 29: 12-14.

Lord, You know what it is that I struggle with behind closed doors. I've struggled a long time. I've been trying to make things better on my own.
You are a helper in times of need, and all you ask is that I open the door to let you in, to let you take over so that your Holy Spirit can work according to your amazing plans for my welfare. 
I surrender myself and all of my concerns to You.

Jesus, I trust in You. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you wholeheartedly! The key to this surrender is your last quote: "Jesus, I trust in You!" This brings to my mind the Divine Mercy image which was given to us by Saint Faustina.

    I tried to put a picture of it here but have not been successful. The image along with information about Saint Faustina can be found here: https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message/devotions/image

    The red and white rays represent the blood and water that poured out from Jesus' heart as the soldier pierced it after He died on the cross. These rays and Jesus’ upraised hand show us the healing mercy He so wants to give us. If you look closely, you'll also notice that He is taking a step toward us as He does this! He ready and eager to give us His Blessing!

    The prayer that goes with this image can be found here: https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message/devotions/pray-the-chaplet

    I have found great strength and comfort while praying this chaplet especially when I am struggling. "Oh, blood and water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I DO trust in You!"



    The prayer that goes with this image can be found here: https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message/devotions/pray-the-chaplet

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I looked at the website you shared. Thank you.
    I liked the ABC message:
    Ask for God's mercy.
    Be merciful to others.
    Completely trust Jesus.
    https://www.thedivinemercy.org/message/

    ReplyDelete