Translate

Unstuck From the Muck

I'm eager to get my garden in. The other day I planted peas, beets, and onions. It was muddy from the recent rain.

As I tried to move away from the garden, I felt stuck. My garden shoe had sunk into the mud. Water was puddling around my feet. It was with real effort that I pulled my foot out of the mud. The shoe was filthy. I'd have to clean my shoes before going into the house.

This morning I read Colosians 1:13: He rescued us from the power of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of his beloved Son. I envisioned God pulling me up out of the muck of sin in which I was stuck. I am set free. With his Holy Spirit he cleanses me so that I am fit to dwell in his house. I no longer live in darkness, but I dwell in the kingdom of God. I live in the kingdom of God!

It's not that he
will rescue me, but that he has already rescued me. I don't want to go back to the muck.



 Photo by Matt Seymour on Unsplash

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Praise and Thanks be to God!
    The world we live in today is filled with muck! But just like your garden, we must venture into some of that muck to produce fruit - that is to bring Jesus' Word into the world. In that process, we will get muck on us and need to clean our shoes before going into God's House.
    Thank You, Lord, for the Sacraments that clean and heal us - Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick. Thank You, Lord, for the Sacraments that sustain us - Baptism, Eucharist, and Confirmation. Thank You, Lord, for the Sacraments that give us our Vocations - Matrimony and Holy Orders. With these Gifts, which are the evidence of Your Love, we are equipped to do Your Will, today, tomorrow, and forever.

    ReplyDelete