Translate

Unless You Become Like LIttle Children...

My daughter said to pick him up at 3 PM. That's when the school bus comes. I was at the bus stop before 3 PM, just in case the bus would arrive early.

3 o'clock came and no bus. I waited and waited and watched. I anticipated the bus coming at any time.

Finally! I saw the bus coming down the street. I was so eager to see my grandson whom I hadn't seen in quite some time. Then he got off the bus, he saw me, and he came running to me with arms wide open. 

I braced myself. He was running and I didn't want to get knocked over! And he gave me a most precious hug. Joy! 

"Hi! How are you? How was school today?" ...

Today I'm thinking about how God our Father is waiting for us. He is waiting for us to come to him with confidence and trust and with open arms and open hearts. He is waiting for our love, like a precious hug.

He longs to speak personally with each of us. We need to come running towards him to hear his words to us.

"How are you? How is your day?" He wants to hear from us. He wants us to know how very much he loves us and that he cares for each detail of our lives. And his love is everlasting.

I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with unfailing kindness
."
Jeremiah 31:3

Photo by Maximilian Simson on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment