Translate

Unwrapping the Gift

When I was about 10 years old, I gave my Mom a gift. I wanted to see her joy at unwrapping the gift, almost as much as her joy in seeing the gift itself. So I put the gift in a box, wrapped it, and then I put it into another box, and into another bigger box, and another. It would take her awhile to unwrap it.

That memory came to me this morning as I was thinking about the gift of life from God our Father. Each day a little more of the gift is "unwrapped." We discover the experiences, situations, relationships, and adventures that life contains. Sometimes the unwrapping can be a struggle.

I cannot help but believe that there is so much more to discover about the gift of life, like continually unwrapping to see what it holds for us. 


For the gift of life, for all the gifts He gives, let us give thanks. For the gift of Jesus, let us give thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I did this same thing for my Dad on Christmas one year! The gift was very small, but he still loved it! I agree with you. Every day is a brand-new gift from God, just waiting to be discovered. Each day is also an opportunity for us to give God a gift, too. Our gifts of faith, hope, trust, gratitude and love are just drops in a bucket - very small compared to what God gives - but He sees them and loves them anyway! Thank You, God, for Your Great Mercy!

    ReplyDelete