Translate

The Spilled Drink

My husband called up to me from the kitchen. "There's an accident here!"

"Oh, no, did the dog have an accident?"

"No, I spilled a drink."

So I went downstairs to see a large container of mango juice from the refrigerator splashed across the kitchen floor. "Oh, no!"

I was clearly not happy. I grabbed one, two, three towels to wipe up the juice. Then I got the Swiffer mop and went over the area one, two, three times. I was feeling a little upset with my husband for being so clumsy, but I know I need to forgive.

Good news is that the floor in the kitchen is freshly mopped. (It needed it.)

I went upstairs to make the bed. I then accidentally knocked over a floral arrangement in a glass vase that had a lot of very tiny glass pebbles in it. Oh, no! Clumsy me! Accidents happen. I had to smile. "Good one, God." 

All is forgiven. Life is good. Praise God in all circumstances.


3 comments:

  1. Ha! God does have a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, He does, Rainy! I wake up and tell Him my plans for the day and He laughs heartily at my joke!
    Shirley, your story immediately reminded me of The Last Supper when Jesus knelt to wash the disciples' feet. John 13:5. G didn't need you to wash his feet, but he did need you to clean the mess so he could safely walk out of the kitchen without slipping. So, you knelt at his feet to wash the floor. Truely doing God's work!
    This is the trick, isn't it? We keep thinking that God wants us to do big things, to evangelize the world, to feed the hungry, to drive out demons in our culture. The reality for most of us (for all of us at times) is just to do God's Will for the person standing beside us. To offer a kind word, to pray for someone's need, or lend a helping hand. You do that so very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, L, I was on my knees cleaning up the floor. And I just realized, I had sensed the Lord saying that in the kitchen I would be "expanding his kingdom," and the very next day it was in the kitchen where I needed to help my husband, and where I became aware that my attitude was not what it should have been. These were moments of grace, and I feel humbled by it all. God is so good. He continues to guide us and teach us in every circumstance.

    ReplyDelete