Translate

Nightebirde - Look Lower

Nightebirde, Jane Marczewski, is famously known for her amazing performance on "America's Got Talent" TV show. She wowed the audience and the judges with her music and her presence. She left the show while battling stage 4 cancer and, just a few days ago, passed into her new eternal life.

Her reflections on life and her quotes are striking. One of them about her experience with God is: "If you can't see him, look lower. God is on the bathroom floor."  This is from Nightbirde's blog, dated March 9, 2021.

We tend to think that we need to reach up to God, and He seems so very far beyond us. Nightebirde found Him by going lower. She found Him when she was at her very lowest.

When was I at my lowest?? For me it was also with a cancer diagnosis. Was God there?

I remember the feelings of shock and disbelief. "This can't be happening. What will the future be like?" and imagining the worst. I felt trapped with no way out. I went into my closet and sobbed. I cried out to God.

Soon afterwards I came across Psalm 84:6 that I read: "They shall go through the Bitter Valley and make it a place of springs." What I was going through was my bitter valley, and I became determined to make it a "place of springs."

I knew that at my lowest point, I was not abandoned. There was a way out.

What are the low points in my life today? Someone once said that God can be found in the midst of our problems. "Here's the situation, Lord. What can we do about it?" Listen for His answer.

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there. If I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will hold me fast. If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,' even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day..." Psalm 139: 7-12.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this, too! Both her performance on AGT and her messages since. What a beautiful soul! I'm also so very thankful that the AGT people were able to recognize and promote her message. That show can be a bit mean spirited at times, to say the least, but this was evangelization on Prime Time! Praise the Lord as He works in amazing ways! May God rest her soul.

    ReplyDelete