Translate

Let It Rain

I recall someone saying to me a few years ago, "When it rains, that's when God is pouring out his blessings. When it rains, look for blessings." That is a positive and comforting thought, especially when an outdoor event is planned and on that day comes the rain. When storm clouds are drenching the ground with rain, God is drenching us with his blessings. 

I thought about that again when I heard this song on my car radio, "Bring the Rain."

 

It can be easy to praise God when all is going well. But on days we feel pain or doubts or distress, when we wonder "Where is God?" in all that we are going through, it can be difficult to find reason to give thanks or to praise God.

Our faith tells us that God is with us always. He never abandons us. He is in the midst of what we are going through. Our circumstances change, but God does not change. And we praise him for who he is in our good times and in not so good times.

In heaven we will be rejoicing and praising him forever. There will be no pain, no doubts, no distress. While we are here on earth is the only time we can praise him during often difficult times. Our faithfulness is precious to him. 

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 comment:

  1. Amen! When times are tough, I remember all the times that God has helped me through in the past. I paise him for those times and thank him for all that I learned during those difficult times and for the strength that I received which will help me through the current problem. I know that the challenges we have can bring us closer to God if we allow Him to draw us in. Perhaps we should also take courage in the fact that God trusts us to do just that! Just like at the gym, we challenge our muscles to do just a little bit more each time, even when we are tired, so that they will get stronger; God is trusting us to push through our current situation or problem to strengthen our faith in Him! Praise and Thanks be to God for His Goodness and Mercy!

    ReplyDelete