Translate

Winter Walking

Our daughter sent me a link to a New Year walking challenge: 1 mile per day through February 14. She encouraged me to register. I'd need to record daily distances walked, and at the end of the challenge I'd receive a really nice t-shirt. When I went to sign up, however, the message read that registration was closed! 

So I decided to do my own challenge. I would walk a minimum of 1 mile each day, beginning January 1 through February 14. Then I went online to order a new pink t-shirt to wear at the end of the challenge.


It is now mid January and I've walked, and sometimes ran, each day. It's taking a deliberate decision to find the best time of day to do this. (Fortunately the weather has been mild.)

I've walked in light rain, in snow, and in slush. It's been a good time to pray. It's fun greeting people who are also out walking. Sometimes I take photos. 








If I were not out walking, I'd be missing out on a lot of seasonal beauty.


And so I resolve, as long as I am able, to do at least 1 mile per day each day during every season. I know it's possible.

Frost and snow, bless the Lord,
praise and exalt him above all forever. 
                            Daniel 3:69.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment